Closed 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Staff Complaint
03-31-2019, 09:58 PM,
Thumbs Down  Staff Complaint
Hello, this is a complaint about the staff and warnings+muting. I have been in a situation earlier where I said "peepeeenis" as distorted, like "peepl9-0n" or something like that, I couldn't scroll back far enough to see what I said and screenshot it. After I said this, I got warned for "Inappropriate Language" which i might point out, isn't even the word, and also, pee is nowhere close to sex. (In the /rules it says "no sex talk") I have a problem with this because everyone- and I mean EVERYONE has used "inappropriate language" once or twice, including the admins and after trying to correct it, they tell me to "drop it" and move on. I said "no thanks" and said "noob" Then, something that really pisses me off, got warned for "Disrespecting Staff" The problem with this is number 1- I never directed "noob" to anyone in the staff or anyone in particular, and also, the word "noob" is a joke and no one is really called a "noob" for real. It is incredibly stupid that they took that seriously and I hope that writing this will somewhat change their judgement. I am not hating on the admins, they do a-lot for the server and are very helpful, but sometimes they take things way too seriously, and i understand that you are admins and you are trying to make the server better, but please loosen up a tad. Have someone explain themselves first before you mute them or warn them. Please.

I do not want this to lead to anything conflicting with me in game such as muting, warnings, or banning me.

CrabbCakes portion- 
From what I know, he got muted permanently for saying "shut up" to no one.
An example of staff taking something too seriously. 

-Sincerely, misterCovert
04-01-2019, 03:03 PM,
RE: Staff Complaint
I'm not staff, but from what I've seen you've been nothing but rude and spammy. Instead of listening to the staff, you chose to create a 5 minute argument over this. The staff is not the problem here, it is you. Yes, "noob" is a rather tame insult. However, it is still disrespectful especially when you're already arguing with the staff. Also, Crabb had been warned for several other things before his mute as well so that's a moot point.

When staff tells you to stop doing something, stop doing it. Don't argue, don't make a fuss about it, just listen. Making a huge stink over it gets you nowhere. This never would have happened if you weren't spamming the chat and writing poorly distorted versions of "peepenis" in order to be edgy/get cheap laughs. Drop it, move on, grow up.
04-01-2019, 08:12 PM,
lol

I quote DiggerGuy68: "This never would have happened if you weren't spamming the chat and writing poorly distorted versions of "peepenis" in order to be edgy/get cheap laughs. Drop it, move on, grow up." 

I have never spammed. Ever. I only send a few chats at a time, maybe 1-4 at a time. This is not "spamming chat" and I usually am respectful to staff. Also, "edgy/cheap laughs" is not what I was going for. I would be extremely surprised if you even knew what edgy meant. I did it because it because I smashed my hands on the keyboard and it came out looking like that. Also, "Drop it, move on, grow up." All I have to say to this is you have no idea who I am and you don't have the right to be saying "grow up" to me. 

Quote from DiggerGuy68:"noob" is a rather tame insult. However, it is still disrespectful especially when you're already arguing with the staff."  And, from what I said earlier in my complaint: "I never directed "noob" to anyone in the staff or anyone in particular". It was not an "insult to the staff" I clearly stated that; you probably didn't even read the whole thing. 

I rest my case.
04-03-2019, 09:10 AM,
Hi, we have taken note of your complaint. I am sorry that you feel that the whole situation was poorly managed, but sometimes situations can be difficult to handle in-game especially if it is busy. We have discussed what happened and agree that things could have been dealt with in a better manner, although at the same time we also recognize that fault here lies on both sides. Using words in chat that elicit a response while knowingly avoiding the rules will automatically engage staff. Rules are in place so that all players can enjoy themselves and it is the job of our staff to make sure the rules are enforced. We also agree that there was an overreaction so we have taken the opportunity to learn from this and put in place some procedures for the future so that it won’t happen again.
A diamond is just a piece of charcoal that handled stress....
Closed