Vexius Network Forums
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things to note about 1.14
As the final touches come close for the official release of the 1.14 survival server, I feel like some things should be noted.
We all know that when it comes to world resets, full player resets are usually going to be a thing as well. However, I do
not think that we should have full player resets. Some players spend hundreds of dollars getting rare items such as gear
and spawners from crates. These items are usually very rare and to have a full player reset for each world reset isn't a 
good idea in my option especially since getting these items as a F2P player is even more difficult. 

On the topic of items, if new op gear is added to the crates, there are a few things that need to be pointed out for some
of the new gear in 1.14. Crossbows specifically. We know that the op gear usually comes with op enchantments, like higher
than normal enchantments, but when it comes to Quick Charge, things get a bit overpowered. The max level for Quick Charge
is III, and with good reason since with Quick Charge V, loading becomes instant, and anything above V failing to load at all.
Although I like that it is kind of a callback to alpha when bows were instant, with Quick Charge V, it becomes one of the most
overpowered things the entire game ever. Some with extremely fast click speeds, or with auto clickers will take quick advantage
of this, and with tipped arrows of damage or healing, this would make each arrow deal 11 points of damage extremely quickly. 
Thankfully all three arrows cannot damage an entity all at once since that would deal 33 points of damage extremely fast, but
the point still stands. If op crossbows are added, DO NOT give the crossbows Quick Charge V.

On the topic of items, I feel like, for each world and player reset, players should at least be able to choose 1 double chest to save.
This is because of what I stated previously. Having to spend hundreds of dollars on rare items from crates isn't a good thing if
we will have those items deleted each world reset. This almost made me quit since hard grinding is "hard" for me to do. I'm sure
other players feel the same. 

Anyway, until next time,
~Razz
P.S., I'm also super excited for the 1.14 update so keep up the good work guys!  Smile

[Image showing the potential of Quick Charge V]
[Image: ca67cc73ce6f154c50daef8240316196.gif]
So I'm assuming the server, will switch to 1.14 if I'm correct?
Angel - Member since 5/25/2019 - Angel

Supposedly yes, Zenelio
The discord has been getting frequent updates on the progress on the 1.14 update.
One of the things that I forgot to mention was the new Pillager Emerald mob farms,
and how the sell shop will change. In 1.14, mobs called Pillagers now spawn in places
called Pillager Outposts. These outposts can be turned into a pillager farm, yielding
emeralds as a renewable resource. On 1.13, 64 emeralds can be sold for $64 (I think),
and selling emeralds would be a new way to grind for money. 
1.14 is awesome! I think they did a good job with the update. They take like a year though for every update which kinda sucks but they are huge things.